Carrick Hill is fortunate in being one of the few period homes in Australia to survive with its original contents almost completely intact and its grounds undiminished.
It was a centre of stylish living; and friends hold fond memories of a house constantly filled with laughter, parties, artists, music, good wine,fine food and dancing; and heady with the scent of masses of flowers.While those days are now gone, Carrick Hill remains as an important example of the lifestyle of two wealthy and cultured Australians of the mid-twentieth century.
So please take the time to browse the site and discover what makes Carrick Hill so special to South Australians. You can read the history of how it came to be, see gorgeous pictures of its gardens and even enjoy paintings from the galleries.
(Please note Carrick Hill is a carefully managed site with Regulations and Venue Terms and Conditions).
Admission Prices from 1st March 2014:
How to book a tour (PDF - 122 KB)
(Free Admission to Gardens & Grounds except for Special Events)
Public Hours at Carrick Hill and Licensed Cafe:
Wednesday to Sundays and Public Holidays 10 am to 4:30 pm (Licensed Cafe 10.00am to 4.00pm).
Closed Christmas Day & Good Friday. Closed Anzac Day until 12.00 noon.
(bookings required for groups of 15 or more)
Carrick Hill will be CLOSED for the Winter break for the month of JULY each year for preventative conservation and restoration work.
When planning your visit, Carrick Hill offers the following facilities:
- Guided tours of the House at 11.30am and 2.30pm which are included in the admission price. Please note the Exhibition rooms are located on the first floor and access is via a stair case.
- Gardens of special interest with seasons of colour
- Bushland trails to explore to the top of Brownhill
- Licensed Cafe for coffee, snacks or alfresco lunch
- Gift Shop - check out new stock
- Children’s Story Book Trail - explore and discovery experience
- Wedding Ceremonies, Wedding Receptions and Functions
- Visitors who are mobility impaired have use of the ‘service entrance’, which enables them to conveniently alight adjacent to the house.
While Carrick Hill welcomes all visitors there are some areas that are not easily accessible.� Please call Carrick Hill 08 8433 1700 when planning your visit for more information.
卡里克山地址：46 Carrick Hill Drive, Springfield SA 5061
关闭时间：圣诞节、耶稣受难日 （Good Friday）、七月，在澳新军团日 (Anzac Day)则会被关闭直至中午12时